The purpose of
the Commission is to promote perinatal, neonatal and pediatric research
in our country, both in Spanish and internationally funded studies, by
promoting and helping to carry out multicenter and multidisciplinary
studies involving the different groups of the SAMID Network, with The goal of improving maternal and child health.
Services y Objetives
Our objectives can be summarized in:
- To promote perinatal, neonatal and pediatric research in our country, both in Spanish and internationally funded studies.
- To coordinate, plan and promote EC in this population, attracting European ECs, promoting national and international multicenter ECs of researchers from our country, as well as making an approach with the Industry to promote EC of interest in the maternal and child population.
- Inclusion of the SAMID Network in international networks
- Greater visualization of the network at national and international level
- Creation of a network of hospitals of excellence for clinical trials in subspecialties such as neonatology, obstetrics, nutrition, etc ...
- Accreditation of partner centers for participation in clinical trials
Actions and Strategies
Strong research requires multi-centered clinical trials (EC), with extensive recruitment, both at the national level and in the EC involving several countries.
We note that most of the research resources now come from supranational organizations in both the EU and the US.
Dr. Fernando Cabañas González